Sunday, June 17, 2018

I Wrote a Short Story + Beta Call!


 Okay guys, I'm doing something I've never done before: a beta call O.O *cue music*
I am super excited to share these stories because they're some of my favorites. Originally this post was only going to be for one story, but you get two! I'll have two separate sign up forms below, along with their summaries. We're both looking for people to beta read the story (regular beta stuff like grammar, if it flows, any plot holes, that kind of thing.) and would be super grateful for your feedback.
The first one (and one with a deadline) is The Star's Shadow. It's a story filled with Fae, Shadows, and Stars (*sigh of delight*). I partnered up with Savannah from Inspired Writes to co-write it, and I love it so much.
 The second story one is currently titled A.I.Z.E. It is a short story (just over 7k, so a little on the larger side as well). This one I've had sitting in my head for a while, and was able to write it for a school project.

The Star's Shadow
Genre: Fantasy

Word Count: (7.5k)

Summary:


A.I.Z.E.
Genre: Science Fiction

Word Count: 7,291

Summary: Jax has been used to living alone, just him, his ship, and his inventions. Ever since he was young he's lived on the edge of the Outer Rim, scrounging for things to help him survive and evade Testra, a facility that is a lot more advanced than the Rim, and are willing to do whatever it takes to succeed.  After Testra comes after him, he tries to keep a low profile in his space craft, working a 'pirate' like job, though he refuses to acknowledge that term.
 When he gets ahold of a new Artificial Intelligence (AI), he ends up with more than he bargains for. The AI is in need of an update that only Testra has, and it leads to an unplanned adventure onto a large transport ship to get the needed information. Finding an unconscious girl while there was not what he was planning on, leaving him with a difficult decision. Will he risk his own freedom to help her, or leave her?

If you're interested, just fill out this handy form I made, and I'll be sending it your way!

2 comments:

  1. These both look like AMAZING stories! I'm definitely going to be signing up for the Star's Shadow, but sadly will have to pass on the second because I won't be able to take on any more projects right now. I hope to read it one day though! ;)

    Micaiah @ Notebooks and Novels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      We both really appreciate it, and will send it out soon :)

      Delete