Friday, August 12, 2016

Summer Recap


                                        (my stack of books from this past month.)
Hello everyone!
I am finally home and am so happy to be back in my great little city. (Although the heat here is pretty intense right now) I traveled for a missions trip in Russia for two weeks, and then met my family in Colorado before doing a horse driving camp in Canada. After visiting family and friends along the way, a month later I am about to dive into my senior year of school. Though I've been attacking my reading list pretty heavily this year, I think it might slow down a bit, but we'll see. I finished my Goodreads Reading Challenge of 100 books. (The only downside of the website, is that it doesn't do re-reads. It's got everything else though) I've probably reread about 10 other books that were already in the 100, but it was because they were so good! :) I am also doing the Go Teen Writers 100-for-100 writing challenge. Write 100 words a day (or more) for 100 days straight. Although I haven't been exact every time, the main goal is to write everyday.  I tried to do Camp NaNoWriMo, but I was traveling, so that was a bit hard. I was writing by hand, so I only got around 5,000 when I was aiming for 20,000. 
I will have some book reviews coming, as well as some spotlights, so have a good rest of the week and enjoy the pictures!

(getting ready to take off!)

(a beautiful palace in Moscow)


(talented musicians)

(playing a bit of Chinese ping-pong)

(handing out tracts and evangelizing)

(I love Vladimir sign)

(one of the workout areas in the parks)

(The famous Borsht soup and a crepe like wrap)

(a church from the 1000s)

(stack of tracts, concert invitations, and gospels)

(a church in Suzdol)




      



7 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks like you had an amazing time!!! What a full, busy, awesome summer! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was busy!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. It's cool that you're doing the 100-for-100 challenge, I am too! It's so fun :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post, Soleil! Sorry I'm late on getting caught up on your posts. =/ Life can be so busy!
    Great photos, and that is a lovely book stack! I love Melanie Dickerson's books! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally understand. :) Melanie's books are so good!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete